Senior Project Manager | New Orleans Office .
Senior Project Manager | New Orleans Office .
The Senior Project Manager is in charge of various high profile civil engineering projects, which may include local, state, and/or federal projects, such as roadway, drainage, airport, bridge, utility, water/wastewater, and/or traffic projects. This position is responsible for keeping the project on schedule and under budget. The Senior Project Manager communicates with everyone involved in the project, ensuring that everyone is on the same page. This position also carries the responsibility of anticipate problems before they occur and find ways to accomplish project goals regardless of changing circumstances. This is a regular, full-time, FLSA exempt position, subject to extended work hours, including evenings and weekends.
· Plans, reviews, designs and certifies drawings for roadways, streets, drainage, utilities, buildings and other structures and systems; conducts field inspections of projects; signs and seals engineering plans, reports, specifications and contract documents.
· Drafts and creates engineering drawings from field data, sketches, drawings, raw data, diagrams and verbal/written narrative instructions; performs calculations of geometric designs for public works projects.
· Coordinates various aspects of design projects and engineering-related programs, including preparing preliminary and final cost estimates; construction plans, contract documents, and material specifications.
· Manages staff through appropriate delegation and work supervision; meets regularly with staff to discuss and resolve workload and technical issues; reviews work in progress in order to anticipate technical and management problems; recommends changes to improve the organization’s functions and processes; interprets statutes and regulations.
· Supervises assigned staff; prioritizes and assigns tasks and projects; disciplines, trains, cross-trains and evaluates staff; counsels, coaches and instructs employees as required; monitors work and evaluates performance; ensures staff adhere to policies and procedures in compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
· Provides detailed information and documentation regarding various projects to which they are assigned.
· Performs the lead role in the review, coordination, and administration of specific projects to provide quality project deliverables on budget and on schedule.
codes, and design standards
· Performs special project studies and technical reports and recommends design
improvements and prepares.
· Provides mentoring and technical work direction to other engineering staff.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering,
· At least six years of experience as a professional civil engineer.
· Principles and practices of civil engineering and surveying; modern methods and techniques in the design construction and maintenance of public and private projects; principles and practices of project management
· Pertinent local, state and federal policies, procedures, standards, codes and ordinances
· Principles and practices of effective employee supervision
· Read and interpret engineering plans and specifications
· Understand contract documents, legal documents and visual aids
· Measure quantities of completed work
· Apply established mathematical and statistical techniques to analyze data
· Conduct inspections
· Evaluate the work of contractors and consultants to establish compliance with project plans, specifications, laws, ordinances and standards
· Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; establish effective working relationships
· Use a personal computer and various engineering software applications CADD software,
· Reading and interpreting rules and regulations
· Effectively advising assigned staff on project issues.
State licensure as a Professional Engineer is required. Valid driver’s license is required.
EJES Employee Company Goal
Consistently and efficiently produce quality work within budget and on schedule.
Engineer-in-Training | Shreveport Office .
Perform engineering tasks in the plan and design of civil engineering design projects, which may include roads, drainage, airports, bridges, utility, water/ wastewater and/or traffic projects. This is a regular, full-time, FLSA exempt position, subject to extended work hours, including evenings and weekends.
The following is a list of general responsibilities for the Engineer in Training. It is understood that these general responsibilities are not inclusive of all the duties that this position requires, but instead, are intended as a general scope of work.
- Prepares technical reports, engineering designs, and construction or process specifications to ensure projects conform to departmental requirements and city, state and federal regulations.
- Must have a four-year college degree in civil engineering or work experience equivalent to.
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel. Basic knowledge of Micro-Station, AutoCAD and/or Civil 3D Software
- Must have excellent organizational skills and be able to work well in a team environment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Perform standard computations or analysis in civil engineering projects
- Ability to apply engineering principles and drafting skills to design engineering plans for project development.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with technical staff.
- Ability to read and understand engineering designs and plans and ability to perform engineering calculations and evaluations.
- Basic knowledge of construction or maintenance practices and principles.
- Ability to write technical and non-technical reports.
- General knowledge and application of computer software packages.
Licenses and/or Certifications:
- FE Registration is required.
- Valid driver’s license required
MS Access Database Administrator | Plano, TX .
General Job Description
Seeking a MS Access Database Administrator to be responsible for the maintenance of a project delivery program controls database, construction bid database, and the invoice/journal entry lookup database. Specific experience in MS Access required.
Detailed Responsibilities Include:
Project Delivery Program Controls Database Maintenance (PD PC DB)
- Incorporate contractual information and changes.
- Incorporate relevant invoice information, including related invoice field data sets.
- Maintain current list of project delivery projects and various other data sets.
Construction Bid Database maintenance
- Incorporate vendor bids, with unit cost and quantity
- TxDOT monthly cost average update for material cost trend analysis
Invoice/Journal Entry Lookup Database (daily download from Oracle PeopleSoft)
- Complete invoice query data set updates
- Journal Entry updates
Form, Macro, Report and Module creation and updates for all databases.
Bachelor’s degree in a Business Management field or equivalent
Computer skills and knowledge of relevant software:
- MS Access Database
- MS Visual Basic
- MS Excel and Macros
- Adobe Acrobat (invoice filing)
Must demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to effectively interface with the client, consultants, and contractors.
Information gathering, information monitoring, and attention to detail and accuracy
Applicant selected will be subject to client approval.
Drainage Design Engineer | Dallas, TX .
General Job Description:
EJES, Inc. is seeking a Drainage Design Engineer to work on large- and small-scale transportation and drainage design engineering infrastructure projects. Typical activities and project deliverables may include hydraulic design and analysis, hydraulic computations, drainage reports, associated construction plans, and related specifications and estimates production. The ideal candidate will have 5-10 years of progressive engineering experience with a background in roadway drainage design to support transportation and multi-disciplinary clients. Hydrologic and hydraulic modeling software used for typical projects may include Geopak Drainage/SUDA, HEC-RAS, HY-8, HEC-HMS, FlowMaster, and other design software to meet local, state and federal requirements. The position requires the ability to work independently, collaborate in a team environment, multi-task, and exercise practical engineering judgment in problem identification and solutions, using the application of engineering design principles, procedures and criteria. MicroStation experience required. Knowledge of TxDOT design practices is desirable. A bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university and Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification is required, with eligibility for Professional Engineering (PE) license in one year.
Project Types: Statewide (TxDOT), local, municipal, federal transportation drainage and hydraulic design projects